Banana Bread is one of my absolute favourite treats! This simple recipe allows you to still enjoy baked goods, just without the Gluten & Refined Sugar.
- 1 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon (You can use less if you like)
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3 Very Ripe Bananas
- 4 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Butter + 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil – Melted
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat your oven to 180 C.
- Grease a bread pan & line with grease-proof paper.
- In one bowl (Wet Ingredients), smash the bananas using a fork until smooth. Add the Eggs, Butter + Oil mix and Vanilla essence. Mix well.
- In another bowl (Dry Ingredients), mix together the Coconut Flour, Cinnamon, Baking Soda and Salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet bowl and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the bread tin and place in the oven to bake for 45 minutes (I sometimes leave it for an extra 5 minutes).
- Use a cake poker / knife to check if the loaf is set.
Allow to cool completely before placing in an airtight container and storing in the fridge (It goes moldy if you don’t keep it in the fridge)
Spread with butter to help balance out the ‘dryness’ often experienced with coconut flour.