In winter months I want something warm to kick-start my day – bring on the oats! What I love about oats is that I can make them ahead and just reheat in the microwave when I get to work. Convenience is often what gets in the way of making healthy choices so the easier the better!
Make-ahead, creamy macadamia butter & cinnamon oats
Oats are a breakfast staple! They’re rich in a specific type of fibre called beta-glucan which is known to help lower levels of bad cholesterol. They’re also a source of protein.
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup water
- Cinnamon to sprinkle
- 1 heaped tsp. Macadamia butter (or almond butter)
- Stevia to sweeten (optional)
- Rice & Coconut milk or normal milk
- Add the oats and water to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the cooked oats into a jar. Get a heaped tsp. of macadamia butter and dunk into the middle of the hot oats. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the oats (as much as you’d like). Add 4 drops stevia. Mix, mix, MIX!
When I get to work I pop the jar in the microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute, then add the milk, stir and enjoy. I hope this gives you another option to make healthier breakfast choices!