There’s nothing better than char-grilled chicken kebabs at a Braai (Barbecue), but the ones you buy in store are often covered in a sticky, sugary marinade. So this is a lighter, healthier way to make your own chicken kebabs at home.
What you’ll need:
- 4-5 Chicken breasts cut into bits that you can ‘skewer’, dont get them too thick or they may not cook in the middle
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 Minced clove of garlic
- Wooden skewer sticks (Cut these to fit the size or your grill pan or braai before you skewer the chicken onto it)
The ‘How to’:
- It’s best to let this marinade overnight in the fridge before cooking. If you’re short on time, 2-4 hours marinading should do the trick.
- Make the marinade mix:
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper, rosemary, sage and garlic.
- Place the cut pieces of chicken into a zip lock bag or tupperware. Pour the marinade into the bag. Seal & ‘smush’ around to get all the pieces of chicken covered.
- Put into the fridge to marinade overnight.
- Cut your wooden skewers to fit the size or your grill pan or braai before you skewer the chicken onto it.
- After marinading, push the pieces of chicken onto the skewers and grill until cooked.
- Enjoy with a side salad!