With Autumn here and the evenings getting cooler, this curry is sure to warm you up.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 4-5 chicken breasts cut into chunks
- Olive oil
- 1 Chopped brown onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Cumin seeds
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp red chili powder (add more if you like it hotter)
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Pinch of turmeric
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tin chopped & peeled tomatoes (or you can use 2-3 fresh tomatoes)
- 2-3 tbsp plain full cream yogurt
Time to get cooking:
- Heat oil in pot, add cumin seeds and fry until they start to sizzle but be careful not to burn them.
- Add chopped onion and sauté until brown.
- The add the garlic, red chili powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, garam masala, turmeric & cinnamon, salt & pepper. Mix together.
- Then add the chicken and mix to coat the chicken in the spices. It will start to stick to the pan this is normal just keep scraping.
- Keep stiring until the chicken bits are sealed.
- Add in tomatoes & simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the yogurt and stir through.
- Serve with brown basmati rice.