This ‘Healthy-Tasting’ Smoothie is packed with superfoods! It’s no Chocolate Milkshake but when enjoyed cold, this healthy drink leaves you feeling light and refreshed.
- Strawberries: One serving of strawberries contains 51.5 mg of vitamin C—about half of your daily requirement. Vitamin C is a well-known immunity booster, as well as a powerful, fast-working antioxidant.
- Apples: Are extremely rich in important antioxidants, flavanoids, and dietary fiber. The phytonutrients and antioxidants in apples may help reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Spinach: Is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin E, calcium, potassium, and vitamin C. It is a very good source of dietary fiber, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc, protein, and choline.
- Whey Protein Powder: Milk is made of two proteins, casein and whey. Whey protein can be separated from the casein in milk or formed as a by-product of cheese making. Whey protein is considered a complete protein and contains all 9 essential amino acids and is low in lactose content.
- Cinnamon: Is rich in antioxidants which have anti-inflammatory properties. Cinnamaldehyde, the main active component of cinnamon, may help fight various kinds of infection.
- Ground Flaxseed: (Also called linseeds) are a rich source of micronutrients, dietary fiber, manganese, vitamin B1, and the essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid, also known as ALA or omega-3.
- Chia Seeds: Are loaded with fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients.
- Goji Berries: Are high in vitamin C and fiber, and low in calories. They are also a good source of iron and vitamin A.
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Strawberries
- 1/2 Golden Delicious Apple – Chopped into smaller chunks, with skin
- 1/2 Cup Rinsed Baby Spinach
- 2 Tbsp Whey Protein Powder (Or Lactose free alternative)
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1 Tsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Goji Berries
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Powder (I’ve only found this one from Woolworths)
- 1 Tsp Xylitol
- 1 Cup Cold Water
- 1/2 Cup Ice Cubes
- Place all the ingredients, starting with the liquid first, into your blender. Blend until smooth.