- 1 + 1/2 cups Pumpkin Puree (See recipe below)
- 3/4 cup Coconut Flour (Available from Dischem for R48)
- 1/4 cup Xylitol (Available from Dischem)
- 1 + 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- Butter / Coconut Oil for greasing the baking dish
Adapted from this Recipe
Pumpkin Bars Method:
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a 27.5 X 18 cm baking dish well with butter or coconut oil (I used Coconut Oil).
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and stir well until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased baking dish, and use a spoon to smooth the top.
- Bake at 180C for 40-45 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the center is firm.
Allow to cool completely before slicing into treat sized bars.
Store in in the fridge for up to a week.
This will make more than 1+1/2 cups – I froze the leftovers in 1/2 cup servings to use in other recipes later.
- 1kg Diced Pumpkin (Available at Woolworths)
- Tin Foil
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Spread diced pumpkin out on a baking tray and cover with tin foil. Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- After the first 30 minutes, remove the tin foil and return to the oven for a further 30 minutes (1 hour total cooking time or until tender).
- Allow the roast pumpkin to cool off a bit before transferring to a food processor. Blend until pureed.