Busy lifestyles & time spent on technology today often have an impact on our quality of sleep. Try this spiced-up version of the ‘cup of milk’ before bed for a better night’s sleep.
What you’ll need & how it all helps:
- 250mls Full Cream Milk (Dairy or Almond Milk)
- 2 pinches of nutmeg – said to have insomnia curing benefits
- 2 pinches of cinnamon – said to have blood sugar balancing benefits
- 1 pinch pink salt – said to lower stress, it raises oxytocin (hormone) levels which helps you feel calmer
- 1/2 tsp raw honey – said to re-stock and support the liver function whilst you sleep
How to make your warm fuzzy:
- Heat the milk in a saucepan on the stove or in your favourite mug the microwave.
- Add in the spices and stir, you may want to return to the heat to let the flavours infuse.
- Put on some loose, comfy clothes (PJs). Find a quiet, comfortable place, with low lighting, and sip slowly.