Spaghetti Bolognese is definitely comfort food. I can’t make it as well as my mom but still, it’s pretty good! I like to lighten it up with swapping out pasta for baby marrow noodles.
Serves 4, Takes about 30 minutes
What you’ll need:
- 500gr beef mince (or 1 tin lentils for meat free version)
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 4 chopped tomatoes (or 1 tin diced tomatoes – preferably organic)
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Baby marrow (zucchini) noodles (Make your own or buy ready made)
Lets get cooking:
- Saute chopped onion in E.V. Olive Oil until soft & golden.
- Then add the mince and brown. Break the mince up with your spoon or spatula so there aren’t any large chunks.
- Once mince has browned, add the tomatoes, oregano, garlic, and crumble in the chicken stock cube. Stir until combined.
- Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes – stir occasionally.
- Use a vegetable spiralizer or mandoline slicer to make your baby marrow (zucchini) noodles (or buy ready made from woolworths).
- Place noodles into a microwaveable container with a lid and microwave for 3 minutes – allow to sit in the container for a further 2 minutes before serving.